Saturday, November 3, 2012

Post 4: Upcoming Novel Review

"All happy families resemble one another, each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way" ~First sentence of Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy.

As soon as I saw the movie trailer for Anna Karenina it inspired me to buy the book.  The movie looks like it's been done really well and has one of my favorite actresses, Keira Knightly, playing the lead role.  I prefer to read a book before seeing the movie, so I've decided to challenge myself to read this massive novel before I see the movie. I'm going to attempt to read it within 2 weeks while still having to go to school, work, and maintain some form of a social life. Wish me luck!
I will post updates as I read with my opinion as I get lost in the book.  Leo Tolstoy is an amazing writer and I look forward to reading the 963 page story.

Check back soon to see what I think of the book, in the meantime, leave a comment and let me know if you've read the book or are looking forward to seeing the movie!

~LitGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment